*We Do Not Condone or Promote The Use of Fake IDs for Illegal Purposes. This site is for informational purposes only, and we highly recommend you DO NOT USE Fake IDs.
Fake ids are becoming more sophisticated, and it can be hard to spot a fake one. If you run an establishment where you serve alcohol or are unsure if an ID presented to you is authentic, it pays to know how to spot a fake.
There are some tell-tale signs of a fake ID, and in this guide, we will provide you with a few tips on how to spot one.
Most Common Fake IDs
To better identify fake IDs, one must be aware of the three most common types: borrowed IDs, manufactured fake IDs, and forged IDs. Familiarizing yourself with each type can help detect fraudulent identification.
1. Borrowed IDs
About 95% of ID fraud cases involve borrowed fake IDs, which minors obtain from people within their networks, such as older siblings, friends, or strangers.
How to Spot a Borrowed ID:
To confirm someone’s identity, please follow these steps:
- – Compare the photo on the ID with the person in front of you.
- – Check that the physical description on the ID matches the person.
- – Verify that the license is not expired and is valid.
- – If you are unsure about the authenticity of the ID, look for a duplicate stamp to confirm it is not a borrowed license. However, an identical license does not necessarily mean it has been borrowed, but it is something to consider in a suspicious situation.
2. Forged Fake IDs
A forged ID refers to an identification created to fabricate an alternate identity. There are two types of forged IDs: front forged IDs and front and back forged IDs. Front forged IDs seem authentic from the front, but their barcodes cannot be scanned or do not contain encoded information.
These types of IDs usually contain stolen personal information and a photo of the person holding the forged ID. With the advancement of technology, fake IDs have also become sophisticated. More than 60% of forged IDs look legitimate from the front and have barcodes with matching information.
How to Spot Front-Forged IDs
ID scanners can quickly identify forged IDs by checking the scannability and encoded information of the barcode. This is known as ID parsing. It’s important to note that genuine IDs typically have rounded edges, whereas square or ragged edges may indicate a false front.
How to Spot Front and Back Forged IDs
Confirm the accuracy of barcode information on the ID by running it through a trustworthy ID database.
3. Altered Fake IDs
Identifying altered fake IDs can help you run a successful bar. These IDs typically belong to underage individuals who have partially changed their genuine ID information, such as their date of birth, to gain access to bars and purchase alcohol.
How to Spot Altered IDs
It is essential to verify if any changes have been made to the security features of an ID when the ID number is altered. This includes checking for modifications to the unique color printing, surface texture, and the specific security features of your state.
How to Spot a Fake ID by State
To help your staff recognize fake IDs in your state, train them to become familiar with the security features of your state’s IDs. In particular, be on the lookout for these key indicators.
- Holograms: Looking for holographic images when you hold up an ID can help you identify if it’s fake or not. Knowing the unique image your state uses on its IDs would be beneficial.
- Cheap Laminate: To ensure an ID’s authenticity and quality, states use professional laminate that seals the UV imagery and protects the ID. You can check if the presented ID has professional-grade laminate by gently bending it into a “U” shape. If the laminate bubbles, it is not professional and may not be authentic.
- Laser Perforation: The IDs of each state have laser-perforated pictures that can only be seen with direct light. These pictures consist of small holes too small to be visible without assistance.
- Laser Embossing: Some states use laser embossing to raise the plastic on the front of their IDs, which allows the embossing to be felt and checked for accuracy. However, the process only affects the front of the ID and doesn’t alter the back.
- UV Imagery: Most states include a second, lighter image on IDs that can only be seen under UV light, although the UV imagery may vary by state.
Best Sites To Get a Fake ID
Based on our observations, the most effective method of obtaining a fake ID is to place an online order. With that said, here are the top sites to order a fake id:
Based on that criteria, the top sites are:
#1 Best Fake ID Website – Evolved Ids (Highly Recommended)
#3 Top Fake ID
Counterfeit IDs are illegal, yet they can be a great way to get around certain restrictions. The best way to obtain a fake ID is to order one online from a trusted vendor. Remember that these sites come with risks, and you may face legal consequences if you purchase or use them. Do your research and ensure that any site you buy from is reputable. Good luck!
Disclaimer: We are firmly against the illegal use of Fake IDs and do not condone or promote them in any way. Fake IDs offered online are designed solely for recreational or entertainment purposes. Using an ID that isn’t yours is Illegal. Under no circumstances should you ever resort to using a counterfeit ID for any unlawful activities.
Before making or purchasing one, be sure you are well-informed of the repercussions in case it is utilized improperly. This content was created solely for informational purposes, and we are not accountable for any decisions made to acquire a fraudulent identification card. If you purchase from one of the vendors listed below, we may receive a commission as compensation.